Click here!

Thursday 11 July 2013

CPL now!

Finally I'm updating my blog again after three weeks.
My schedule for the last month was quite hectic and
left me no room to blog as I was preparing for my PPL flight test.
The aim of the test was to check if I'm able to 
act as a pilot-in-command of an aircraft privately
for leisure flying (I can't get compensated in any forms).
Thank to Buddha that I managed to scrape through.
Passing the check ride means I'm now qualified to fly the aircraft anytime, 
of course it's subject to my type rating, for any non-commercial purpose.

In the previous post, I said I would tell more
about my solo navigation sortie from TGG to KBR 
but I can't really recall much about that sortie at the moment.
So why don't we give it a pass? =D  
I would definitely have more interesting stories to share in the future.

Speaking of the test, it's one of my "longest" sorties in the flying academy.
Even though the test only took 1 hour and 30 minutes,
it's really tiring and tense to fly with the legendary examiner,
who's also the commander of Terengganu detachment.
In spite of that, I tried to keep calm and do all my best 
throughout the whole flight, I made a few small mistakes, 
luckily his mood was good on that day and 
he gave me a pass with an average performance.
Having stepped into the CPL flying stage,
I hope I would have the same amount of confidence
like what I had in the ground school before.

After the flight test, I straightaway went to KB for license documentations 
with a batch mate, who had also done the test, by bus on that night.
The need of travelling was a hassle but we had no choice because 
it's APFT's procedure and we wanted to get our PPL license done ASAP.
We're lucky that we didn't need to wait long for 
chief instructor and chief ground instructor who we needed their signatures, 
so we managed to settle all documentations in a morning.
With the permission from the warden, I went back home for a few days afterwards.
It was a short break but at least I got to see my dearest family again after so long.
The last time I went home was during the Qing Ming festival on 31st March.
I always enjoy being at home, do you? 

Too many thoughts in my head but I need some time to sort them out.
Anyway, I learnt something from the General Handling sortie the other day 
which was a pilot must dare to speak out when he/she has doubts 
about the safety or any decision of other pilots.
It's not merely his mistake even though I was not having the control.
It was a scary but valuable experience.

1 comment:

Alex said...

what happen during gh?? haha