Click here!

Thursday 6 June 2013

Dreams

It's always important and good to have a dream in life
to keep us motivated, working toward something that we wish for,
but you're not the only one who has dreams and goals,
that's why I don't usually admire those who only have dreams.
If you have a "workable" dream, you must pursue and protect it,
it's insignificant and it'll just stay a dream forever
if there's no any action being taken about it.

My boss has a famous quote that goes "dream the impossible",
however, not all dreams are worth chasing,
I personally think those who have a lot of commitments,
and believe in "Having a dream is everything",
are taking relatively high risks, even though we all know that
paying high prices and making sacrifices couldn't be avoided in chasing dreams.
Well, that actually depends on how you measure success.
I'm not the kind of person who would give up something
which I have been doing well for years and considered a success
for something new and difficult which I don't know much about it
especially when you've come to an age of almost half a lifetime.
You may do well if the job is your interest but you may not.
Still, they have got my respect, at least they're doing something.

We have to plan for the future,
make our decision while we're still able to make choices,
that's what we need to ponder over,
not to make ourselves regret,
because passion is nothing if it's spent on something useless or when we get old.
I know of no better definition than that of Thomas Carlyle
who defined success as "continuous progress toward a worthy goal".

Sometimes, we need to be more realistic.
Let interests be interests while we're still able
to make a living with what we've achieved and what we could get more.
Last but not least, don't tell me that you want to be a lawyer/doctor/pilot/whatever,
do enlighten me what you're going to do to become one someday!

No comments: