Click here!

Saturday 15 June 2013

NAV 4 done.

I finally did my first navigation solo this afternoon after so long.
As Capt. Fuad (APAC19), together with Kelvin, were flying
exactly the same route with me at almost the same time, 
I knew there's nothing for me to worry about,
I basically just followed them all the way since start-up until landing, 
It was quite a relaxing sortie and I pretty enjoyed myself up there.

Anyway, the most interesting part was the landing
and it's what I'm going to say here today.
In fact, I started the engine 10 minutes after APAC19,
but I came back right after them, only two or three minutes later.
Listening to the radio transmission from Terengganu Approach,
I was shocked and I believe the others also did
because, starting from Dungun, my actual elapse time 
between waypoints became shorter than the estimates. 
"APAC5362, traffic APAC19 is 4 minutes ahead, same routing."
"APAC5362, traffic APAC19 is 3 minutes ahead, same routing."
I checked everything, indicated airspeed normal, RPM normal,
I was sure that I was on track but how on earth I was faster,
maybe I got some magic or tailwinds pushing me behind :P
or they did a few orbits somewhere I think.

Until.

Me:"APAC5362, turning final to land."
Approach:"APAC5362, continue approach, number 1 on short final."
Me:"Continue approach, APAC5362."
Approach:"APAC19, expedite vacate via Bravo."
Approach:"APAC5362, clear to land."
Me:"Clear to land, APAC5362."
Approach:"APAC19, clear to cross runway via Alpha, continue taxi for dispersal via Charlie."
Approach:"APAC5362, number 2, number 1 vacating via Charlie for dispersal."
Me:"Number 2, number 1 vacating via Charlie for dispersal, APAC5362."

At this time, I already safely landed and slowed down on the runway
waiting for APAC19 to cross the runway from Alpha continue for Charlie
because the controller instructed me to stay number 2.


So I took my sweet time, continued taxiing with a turtle speed
like a boss on the runway for a few hundred meters
to keep a safe distance from traffic ahead.


Wanted to take some photos while I was taxiing at first
(It's safe because I was taxiing with 5-6 knots only)
but I was scared that the controller could see me :P

Photos taken enroute would be uploaded later! :)

Dungun in sight.
And this is how I pronounce : "Dungoooooong"
Was listening to the radio transmission between Terengganu Approach 
and two America-registered aircraft, which were heading to P.Redang,
while singing "heartbeat" on the way back from Dungun to WMKN.
The weather was depressing.
It's a fun solo navigation anyway.
My route for this solo navigation.
WMKN-Cenering-Penerak-Dungun-
Penerak-K.Berang-Cenering-WMKN
Hazy all the way
 but still managed to see near objects.
Approaching East of KT town.

Me:"APAC5362east of KT town1500ftairfield in sight!"
Approach:"APAC5362, maintain 1500ft, join right hand downwind runway 04."
Me:"Maintain 1500ft, join right hand downwind runway 04, APAC5362."
Me:"APAC5362, right hand downwind runway 04 to land."

No comments: